Ethical Journalism Network
- The Ethical Journalism Network (EJN) is an international network of media professionals created to advance education, particularly education in ethics and respect for human rights.
- It is founded in the underlying belief that ethics and respect for human rights, particularly freedom of expression, is a core element of democracy. Intrinsic to this is an independent, pluralist media sector rooted in respect for human rights and where journalists work freely is essential for a democratic society.
- The EJN aims to advance education in and around the principles of ethical journalism, for example, education in ethics and human rights.
- All materials will be freely available for the benefit of users and journalists in order to strengthen and support journalism on all platforms throughout the world.
- The EJN is an independent body with no political affiliations or ideological aims.
- With this in mind the Ethical Journalism Network is registered as a Charity and limited liability company in the United Kingdom with the following objective:
To promote for the public benefit high ethical standards in journalism, based on principles of truth and accuracy, independence, fairness and impartiality, humanity and accountability by the provision of education and training of journalists and the publication of useful research.